Ashby Terms for AI Features
Last updated November 14, 2023
These Terms, which supplement, are subject to and are governed by the Ashby Customer Terms of Service (“Terms of Service”), apply specifically to Customer’s use of certain OpenAI (https://openai.com) tools and functionality that Ashby makes available to Customer in connection with the Ashby Service and that Customer specifically opts into using (“AI Tools”). Any terms used in these Terms that are not otherwise defined have the same meaning as in the Terms of Service.
1. Acceptance of Terms.
By accessing or using the AI Tools, Customer agrees to comply with and be bound by these Terms as well as the Terms of Service. If Customer does not agree to these Terms, please do not use the AI Tools.
2. Rights Granted to Ashby.
- Use of Customer Data. Customer grants Ashby a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, process, and transmit Customer Data for the purpose of facilitating Customer’s use of the AI Tools, improving the Service, and as otherwise set forth in these Terms and the Terms of Service.
- Feedback. If Customer provides Ashby with any feedback or suggestions regarding Customer’s use of the AI Tools, Ashby has the right to use such feedback or suggestions for any purpose, without attribution or compensation to Customer.
3. Reservation of Rights.
Customer agrees that, except for the right to use the AI Tools in accordance with these Terms, Ashby and OpenAI reserve all of their respective rights to the AI Tools.
4. Customer Data and Privacy.
- Protection of Customer Data. In order to use the AI Tools, it will be necessary to input certain Customer Data into the AI Tools. The privacy and security of Customer Data submitted via OpenAI’s API will be protected in accordance with OpenAI’s enterprise privacy commitments and by Ashby in accordance with its Terms of Service.
- OpenAI as Subprocessor. For purposes of compliance with Article 28 of the General Data Protection Regulation (to the extent applicable), Customer authorizes Ashby to engage with OpenAI as a subprocessor of Customer Data.
- No Responsibility. Ashby is not responsible or liable for the content generated, interpreted, or used through the AI Tools, nor the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights relating to such content.
- As-is Basis. The AI Tools are provided "as is." Neither Ashby nor OpenAI makes any representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the completeness, accuracy, reliability, validity, or availability of any information accessed through or any content generated by the AI Tools.
6. Customer Responsibilities.
- Responsibility for Inputs. Customer is solely responsible for all Customer Data that Customer inputs into the AI Tools and the outputs received. Customer must ensure that all such Customer Data complies with all applicable laws and does not infringe the rights of any third party.
- Responsibility for Use of Outputs. Customer is solely responsible for its use of the outputs generated by the AI Tools. It is Customer’s responsibility to verify the appropriateness and accuracy of such outputs for Customer’s intended purposes.
- Restrictions. Customer must not use the AI Tools to generate content that is illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties.
Ashby reserves the right to suspend or terminate Customer’s access to the AI Tools at any time, without notice, for conduct that Ashby believes violates these Terms or the Terms of Service or is harmful to other users of the Service, Ashby, or third parties, or for any other reason.
Ashby may amend these Terms from time to time. Customer’s continued use of the AI Tools after any such amendment constitutes Customer’s acceptance of the new Terms.